Thursday, January 14, 2016

New Year's Eve Fabulousness, Festivities and Food!!!

For me, 2015 was the year of work. I spent the year learning, learning and learning more about my new position at work. I love my job, but I let it take over most of my time and energy. The blog, my waistline and my kitchen creativity took the biggest hits. I am happy to say that 2015 was also the year of the kitchen remodel (I will post about that later). Most of the remodel is complete and it is re-igniting my passion for cooking and entertaining (and hopefully blogging).

Last year was the first time in many years we didn't host our 4 course wine tasting dinner and it was sorely missed. I have vowed to do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen again! It is always the best way to ring in the New Year: great conversation, great friends and of course amazing food.

This year I originally told everyone to go vegan rogue without a theme. I did mention that I was going to make something cajun/creole, but really had no idea what I was going to make. We lost the Cajun master Paul Prudhomme, so I felt my choice was a very fitting tribute. The table-scape had a Mardi Gras vibe.


I'm going to give you a teaser today and post the menu. My next posts will feature the actual food. Commence drooling!


No comments:

Post a Comment